What’s up people…
Here’s a real funny information on Bombay city. A hitchhiker’s guide to Bombay lol 🙂
1. If you are a real Bombayite and away from Bombay, you get sentimental even if you hear words like Chembur; Dadar; Andheri, Bandra.
2. Bombay – the only city where people no matter what language, religion and caste, express frustration by saying ‘chyayla’ (a local slang).
3. The only place where even bus conductor motivates us “chalo aage badho” ( Lit. Come on move forward).
4. For Bombayites – Burger bole toh bakwaas, vada pav bole toh jhakaas.(they prefer a local snack vada pav over burger)
5. Bombayites – we will stand in empty trains and will fight for seat in crowded ones.
6. A city where people come to make their career and end up making their life.
7. A city with blend of different people and three things, ‘pudhil station’, ‘agla station’, and ‘next station’
8. Slow local trains – the one which halts at all stations
Fast trains – the one which halts in between stations.
9. Everything is fair in love, war and local trains.
10. You never say angry. You say “dimaag ka dahi ho gaya hai” (Lit. You’ve made yoghurt outta ma brain).
11. Bombayite to auto wala (Rickshaw driver)- sakinaka chaloge? (Will you go to Sakinaka)
Auto wala – No. Bombayite – saale dubai chalega? (Mother f***** you’ll go to Dubai o wat??) lol
12. Some words we use often – ghanta, waat lagayi, aai shapath, pandu, faadu, iski maa ka, party to banti hai, kat le, jhol, lai bhari, ek number.
13. Local trains are the only place in Bombay where men are more civilized than women.
14. In India we drive on the left of the road. In Bombay we drive on what is left of the road.
15. That awesome moment when in local trains you dont have to move towards the exit, you are simply pushed towards it by the crowd.
16. While giving directions you say right / left maaro aur waahan pe ek bridge girega. (Lit. Take right n left n there will fall a bridge).
17. Once you survive in a Bombay local during journey from VT to Kalyan or vice versa during peak hours, you can survive anywhere in the world.
18. Train timings (9.27, 10.49 etc) are really important events of life.
19. In every local train journey you will find atleast one person asking ” arey yeh platform kis taraf aayega?”
20. No starbucks coffee can beat of our own cutting chai.
21. Nobody remains “untouched” once you enter Virar / Karjat fast local.
22. We dont understand “humko and tumko”. We prefer “tereko and mereko” ( slang)… Lol
Tough but lovely place